Thank you for considering a stock donation to The Bowery Mission.
Gifts of securities which have gone up in value since their purchase can provide additional benefits:
- You receive a charitable income tax deduction equal to the fair market value of the securities if they have been held longer than one year.
- You avoid capital gains tax.
How to Transfer Stock
Please contact James Winans, Chief Development Officer, via email or phone (646-362-3110) and let us know you are making a gift of stock. This is important to insure proper receipt and acknowledgement of your gift. Then, you can select an electronic or physical transfer.
Your broker can transfer securities electronically into the Christian Herald Association account (the legal name of The Bowery Mission) at BMO Harris.
- DTC Number: 2039
- Agent Bank: 16919 (BMO Private Bank / SEI Private Trust)
- Account Number: 000001387014
- Account Name: Christian Herald Association – Operating Account (dba The Bowery Mission)
- BMO Harris Contact: Marlene Fuss, Trust & Estate Services (317-269-1611 or email@example.com)
You can forward your stock certificate(s) directly to The Bowery Mission. Each stock certificate requires a stock power form. The stock powers should be signed and the signature guaranteed by your local bank or broker.
Mail the stock powers, along with a letter indicating your intent to make a gift, to the address below. Under separate cover, send the stock certificate(s) to the same address. We recommend that you send the certificate(s) via registered mail or deliver them in person to:
Chief Financial Officer
The Bowery Mission
432 Park Avenue South
New York, NY 10016
The above information is not intended as legal or financial advice. Please consult your personal advisors for the applicability of these principles to your own situation.