Compassionate Care Programs
Since 1879 The Bowery Mission has met the short-term, emergency needs of New Yorkers caught in the cycles of poverty, hopelessness and dependencies of many kinds with compassionate care services - warm food, safe shelter, clothing and medical care.
Because we know that a simple act of kindness can be the first step toward a transformed life, we try to meet each need of those who come to The Bowery Mission's red doors with practical expressions of God's love — no questions asked, free of charge.
Last year, with help from our donors, we provided:
- 653,500 meals to men, women, and children in need
- 167,300 nights of shelter to homeless men and women
- 46,380 articles of clothing
- 13,300 showers
- 1,300 onsite medical, dental and optometry exams
- 280 crisis intervention referrals