Entry Requirements: The Bowery Mission Life Transformation Program
At The Bowery Mission Discipleship Institute, admission is determined by intake staff on a case-by-case basis for both referrals and walk-ins. We understand that every person is unique and special to God. We also understand that some needs require other services than those The Bowery Mission is designed to offer. However, in making decisions for admission, each person is considered as to their particular circumstances and their ability to benefit from what The Bowery Mission offers.
All applicants will be interviewed by a counselor. Applicants should be prepared to provide general information relating to personal identification, medical, employment, criminal, military, educational, and family history. Along with the requirements for admission, each applicant must:
- Be at least eighteen years of age
- Have a sincere desire to fully participate in the program
- Commit to completing six months in the Discipleship training program
- Inform staff of probation/parole status if applicable
- Inform staff of any present medical conditions
- Be able to speak, read and write English
- Agree to a one week probationary period
For more information, contact the intake coordinator at (212) 674-3456.