Entry Requirements: Women's Residential Recovery Program
The Bowery Mission Women’s Center at Heartsease Home is a residential recovery program for homeless women in New York City. This unique program is a 9-15 month residential program that helps homeless women who have experienced sexual victimization, substance abuse and financial exploitation that have contributed to their homelessness.
All applicants to this recovery program will be interviewed by a counselor. Applicants should be prepared to provide general information relating to personal identification, medical, employment, criminal, military, educational, and family history. Along with the requirements for admission, there are also several requirements that each applicant must agree to follow during their stay here at The Bowery Mission Women’s Center.
Please read the following carefully:
- Must have a personal experience of homelessness, substance abuse or life-controlling issue
- Must have an openness to a faith based program
- Must have a willingness to submit to the guidelines of the program
- Must be between the ages of 18 to 55
- Must be medically stable, both physically and mentally
- Must be physically able to participate in chores, negotiate 4 flights of stairs and walk reasonable distances without difficulty
For more information, contact the intake coordinator at 212-396-9000.