When you donate to The Bowery Mission, you impact the lives of the poor and homeless in New York City. This year, our donors and volunteers helped the Mission provide more than 505,000 meals, 44,700 bags of groceries, and 56,200 articles of clothing to men, women and children in desperate need of help.
We gratefully accept donations Monday – Saturday, 7am – 7pm at 227 Bowery in Manhattan.
- Linens: bath towels, face cloths, twin-size sheets, blankets and standard size pillowcases
- Hygiene Items: soap, shampoo, conditioner, deodorant, toothbrush, toothpaste, shaving cream, razors and feminine hygiene products (travel size items preferred)
Goods we are unable to accept
Please note, due to limited space, we are not able to accept the following items:
- Furniture: couches, dressers, dining tables, chairs, bookcases, desks, coffee tables, mattresses, bed frames, baby items
- Appliances: refrigerators, freezers, microwaves
- Housewares: plates, bowls, silverware, glassware, cooking utensils, pots and pans, TVs, lamps, toys, books
- Office Supplies, Computers & Electronic Devices
We cannot accept any items that are broken, damaged or worn. If you have any questions regarding your donation, please email email@example.com.
If you drop off the item(s) in person, you will be given an in-kind gift receipt that describes the donation. If the value exceeds $500 and you claim the donation on your federal tax return, you may be required to file IRS Form 8283 and obtain an appraisal of the value.
If you are considering a food or clothing drive at your congregation, organization, workplace or school, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We will work with you to launch a successful drive that will bless those we serve.
We are committed to using your contribution wisely and respecting your privacy. Click here to read our Pledge of Accountability.
Find out about other ways to donate.