For 135 years, The Bowery Mission has been called to minister to men, women, and children caught in the cycles of poverty, hopelessness and dependencies of many kinds, and to see their lives transformed to hope, joy, lasting productivity and eternal life through the power of Jesus Christ. Our goal is be the most effective provider of compassionate care and life transformation for hurting people in New York City. Currently we are at nine locations in Manhattan, the Bronx, and Pennsylvania.
In addition to paid positions, The Bowery Mission also has many volunteer opportunities available.
Women’s Centers Weekend Staff
Saturday and/or Sunday 3 – 11pm
Due to the number of applications we receive, we are only able to respond to qualified candidates who are selected for interviews. We sincerely appreciate all candidates for their interest in The Bowery Mission.
The Bowery Mission Women’s Centers, Manhattan and Harlem, NY
The Bowery Mission Women’s Center weekend staff positions are a rewarding way to receive broad and hands-on experience serving women in recovery from crisis and homelessness. Responsibilities include: supporting students in daily responsibilities and needs, overseeing visitors and volunteers, managing phones and security processes.
Reports to: Senior Manager of Operations
- Understand the organization's Statement of Faith and adhere to the Code of Conduct
- Strong communicator, flexible and approachable
- Dependable and attentive to both individual needs and program details
- Able to effectively work independently and as part of the team
- Demonstrated confidentiality and personal integrity
- Compassionate toward the needs of the homeless community and women in recovery
- Familiar with Microsoft Office
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Prior experience with population served or Rescue Mission setting
Please email your resume and a brief "philosophy of ministry" to email@example.com and put in the subject line "Attention Director of Women’s Centers – Weekend Staff". No calls please.