The Bowery Mission Discipleship Institute
At The Bowery Mission Discipleship Institute, 80 men live in a dormitory together, working to break destructive habits and preparing for lives of wholeness and lasting productivity through:
- One-on-one and group counseling sessions with counselors who model Godly character
- Addiction recovery and family restoration curricula
- Career Center offering one-on-one tutoring, remedial education and GED preparation, computer skills training, vocational training and job preparation
- Participation in the daily tasks of running The Bowery Mission facility and programs, which teach responsibility, accountability, and joy of giving back.
- Daily worship, prayer and Bible studies that put men in touch with their Creator and God’s purpose for their lives.
After six months in the program, most students enter a re-entry phase in which they pursue permanent employment and housing goals.
Click here if you know someone whose life could be changed through men’s residential recovery program at The Bowery Mission Discipleship.
The Bowery Mission’s Discipleship Institute is making a life-changing difference in the lives of homeless men in New York City who have nowhere else to turn. One of several programs for men, this holistic residential recovery program is helping transform the lives of homeless men. It is caring donors and volunteers who make this life change possible. Your secure online gift today will make a lasting difference in the lives of homeless men.