Thank you for considering a stock donation to The Bowery Mission.
Donating stocks can bring you tax benefits while helping neighbors facing homelessness, hunger and other crises. Gifts of securities which have gone up in value since their purchase can provide additional benefits:
- You receive a charitable income tax deduction equal to the fair market value of the securities if they have been held longer than one year.
- You avoid capital gains tax.
Stock Transfer Instructions
1. Stocks arrive at our brokerage without donor information. Let us know your gift is coming by using this form.
2. Ask your broker to transfer your stock gift to Christian Herald Association’s account (the legal name of The Bowery Mission) at BMO Harris:
- DTC Number: 2663
- Agent Bank: 74777 (BMO Private Bank / SEI Private Trust)
- Account Number: 000001404911
- Account Name: Christian Herald Association – Operating Account (dba The Bowery Mission)
- BMO Harris Contact: Christine Husson, [email protected] or phone (561) 366-4219
- Please instruct your broker to add your name to the transaction so that we can notify you promptly
3. We will send you a letter acknowledging the gift, which may be used as a tax receipt. If you need further assistance, please contact Kim Collins, Director, Campaign & Major Gifts, at [email protected] or by phone (212) 684-2800, Ext. 117.
The above information is not intended as legal or financial advice. Please consult your personal advisors for the applicability of these principles to your own situation.
Other ways to give
SEE HOW ELSE YOU CAN DONATE TO THE BOWERY MISSION